Please to create posts and topics.

Ask Me Anything

Page 1 of 2Next

A little AMA.

Ask me anything.

If you could play a character for OSW, be it in Arcadia or in a setting similar to V1 and V2, what would you go for?

Is there a character you wanted to see as world champion but they never quite got there?

Outside of OSW do you have any writing projects you do? I know OSW takes up a lot of your time but I'm curious.

What's your current favorite finisher on the roster, if any?

And, very importantly, cock or balls?

Is there a character from the classic you'd like to see in current Arcadia?

Who do you think has the best chance of becoming a new world champion in Arcadia?

We know Laner is a mark for a drop toe hold, is there any move you mark out like that for?

How are you doing today, boss?

What are your top five entrance themes in OSW? I feel like we had some bangers over the volumes and I'd like to know which really stick out to you.

Which Deathrow/Uprising member, other than Jasper, would you like to see die horribly and in agonizing pain the most?

What kind of gimmick do you think would never work out for our little fed? There's a ton of possibilities, I'm sure, but what's one that absolutely won't work no matter how hard one tries?

Looking back over OSW's 9 years, what's your biggest misstep? Can be a story, a format, anything?

Getting your dreaming hat on, what would you change or add to OSW if money and time were no object?

Favorite weekly show name?

Quote from Jackson Cade on 29 March 2024, 17:00

If you could play a character for OSW, be it in Arcadia or in a setting similar to V1 and V2, what would you go for?

I'm not sure actually. I've been thinking about joining a fed out there to test myself and see if I'm as good a writer as I think I am but I don't really have a character idea. All I know is that I'd like to play something scary or horrific.

Is there a character you wanted to see as world champion but they never quite got there?

There's plenty over the years that it would've been nice to see in the spot. Stephanie Rose has always been a huge shame as you know she had a lot of potential. Voynich could've been a mega character in OSW lore. Had Mate stuck around, I think he'd have won everything at some point. 

Outside of OSW do you have any writing projects you do? I know OSW takes up a lot of your time but I'm curious.

I don't. Outside of my degree, I don't really do much else writing wise.

What's your current favorite finisher on the roster, if any?

I like a bit of simplicity, so I like Nox' Steiner Recliner. The Oxygen Deprivation Chamber is a beautiful name/finish too. I really love the idea of Jash Khans Wrath of Khan too. A running sloppy and powerful flip at someone? It's a bulldozer of a move.

And, very importantly, cock or balls?

Toughie. I can't decide. Both.

Quote from Narcissa Balenciaga on 29 March 2024, 17:09

Is there a character from the classic you'd like to see in current Arcadia?

Nothing in particular as such. I'm just happy to see new characters and ideas pop up. There's what, 21 months left of the story? Lots of time for a lot of characters to come through.

Who do you think has the best chance of becoming a new world champion in Arcadia?

That's tough to say. It's early days yet, but a volume doesn't tend to be a volume without Laner and Mel in the Championship hotseat at some point. Dawson has been there. Frank got there. Hayden has been there too. In terms of a new handler taking the mantle, I love Narcissa and Harold and both have opportunities. If either of you were to break into the scene, I'd be delighted by that step up.

We know Laner is a mark for a drop toe hold, is there any move you mark out like that for?

I like a good Russian Legsweep, actually.

Quote from Blaze on 29 March 2024, 17:12

How are you doing today, boss?

I'm not sure mate. I'm really not sure. Something is missing in my day to day and I'm not entirely sure what that is yet. I've actually applied for a couple of jobs and been given an interview, only it's quick to crop up that we'd not be able to manage both of us working during the summer holidays when Wyatt is off school. I'm not sure what's going on with me, but I wouldn't say I'm as satisfied as I'd like to be for some reason.

What are your top five entrance themes in OSW? I feel like we had some bangers over the volumes and I'd like to know which really stick out to you.

Christ, that's tough. I couldn't remember enough to answer. What I can tell you is that like love Destructo Boy's from this volume. I've listened to Narcissa's as well and that's boppy. Harold Attano's has badass written all over it, which I love. Edward Newton's original is a great song and Avatar's track for Huxley I think it was, is also a banger. OH, can't forget TGK's. Love that song!

Which Deathrow/Uprising member, other than Jasper, would you like to see die horribly and in agonizing pain the most?

There's no-one I really hate on Deathrow. There's no-one taking up the mantle of dispicable as yet beyond what Meadows did and what Redgrave has done.

What kind of gimmick do you think would never work out for our little fed? There's a ton of possibilities, I'm sure, but what's one that absolutely won't work no matter how hard one tries?

There's very little, but history indicates that the Shopkeeper gimmick can't be done in OSW.

Quote from Gemini on 29 March 2024, 17:51

Looking back over OSW's 9 years, what's your biggest misstep? Can be a story, a format, anything?

I've made loads. 

As a human being, I know I'm not infallable and there's been a lot of situations I could've handled better with handlers. It's a shame to lose so many people over ten years, but inevitable that they'd come and go, none the less. Mostly everyone has the opportunity to message me and resolve issues. I'm always open to mending situations and friendships. 

In terms of the OSW format, I think the themed promo approach was great but probably overall a mistake in the long run. Encouraging people to write in a specific way had its advantages in terms of challenges. People were challenged weekly. However, in hindsight, we'd have alienated a lot of writers who perhaps weren't as strong in that area but could've written phenomenal roleplays. We're a niche efed in that we focus on just matches in promos, but I think that could be a mistake.

Part of me thinks that it's way too late to change our perception on that as well. We are where we are. Reading some of the promos for the Classic make me think that there's so much potential in letting people write for their character however they want instead of pigeonholing them into match focus only. 

Getting your dreaming hat on, what would you change or add to OSW if money and time were no object?

If money were no object I'd turn the OSW website into a completely custom version of something special. I'd have a whole variety of features that would make us stand out beyond anything else out there. 

Favorite weekly show name?

VHS! Always and forever VHS.

What's been your favorite PPV to run on the yearly?

Following the Classic, is there another one-off special from years past you'd love to bring to Arcadia for Volume 3?

Page 1 of 2Next