Please to create posts and topics.

Ask Me Anything

PreviousPage 2 of 2

When you think about the trials and tribulations of being a fedhead, what makes you keep doing it?

OSW has been open for a period of time that is unheard of in e-wrestling for the most part. How long do you honestly think it'll last?

Is there an opportunity to change the promo style to involve more stories and development without changing the way OSW does things and whilst maintaining the originality of what the handlers do here?

Do you have any ideas for what's next for Volume 4?

Will OSW get an ending or do you think it'll run until you can't do it anymore?

Give us an idea of what works goes into putting together a show?

What goes into plotting a storyline for Red Snow or Ring of Dreams as season enders?

Following up on some of your comments about format: what do you see a roleplay in OSW looking like in a year?

What's your ideal roster size? For the hell of it, what would that roster size require for Creative and Match Writing teams?

Quote from Master Ken on 29 March 2024, 20:13

When you think about the trials and tribulations of being a fedhead, what makes you keep doing it?

I think there's a multitude of reasons, really. The first is that I love the creative outlet. I love making graphics, logos and posers. I love writing. I love surprising the roster with the big arcs that have been non stop throughout the history of OSW.  The people here are people I care about as well, which means I want to spend time in settings with most of them and I want to enjoy the hobby with them. The problems that occur are few and far between really.

OSW has been open for a period of time that is unheard of in e-wrestling for the most part. How long do you honestly think it'll last?

It's tough to say. I have no intention of closing it down and when I do, I'm almost definitely done in the hobby - at least as a fedhead. You know, OSW doesn't really need to close. It doesn't need to end. As long as it has roster members then it works. I've always maintained OSW could run with ten handlers who have between them 15 characters. It's true.

Is there an opportunity to change the promo style to involve more stories and development without changing the way OSW does things and whilst maintaining the originality of what the handlers do here?

I'm not sure about that. I think it depends on what everyone wants. Change for the sake of change doesn't help anyone and we did recently modify the promo aspect to be any kind of promo you want as long as there's a mention of your opponent. Could we allow development pieces? Sure. But how good would a development piece need to be on its own to beat a promo about the opponent? It's a tricky discussion. If everyone wanted it, I'd figure it out.

Quote from Tombstone on 29 March 2024, 20:42

Do you have any ideas for what's next for Volume 4?

I have a couple. One I don't quite know how to do because I'd like it to be secret until the right time, but I'm not sure how to pull that off without at minimum creative figuring it out.

Another one I can share is a space prison of sorts. I've just started Callisto Protocol and thought a space prison could be a badass volume location.

Will OSW get an ending or do you think it'll run until you can't do it anymore?

If OSW does come to and end at a certain point, my hope would be that it did so with a finale show. I can't promise it, but that'd be my dream end scenario.

Give us an idea of what works goes into putting together a show?

Christ, okay. Every show gets out together in blocks. So I have a template I've created. I load that, change colours and images and then duplicate the blocks as required. I manually add the graphics per segment and match that are made earlier in the week. Then I get the content and transfer it across per block, per segment, per match.

What goes into plotting a storyline for Red Snow or Ring of Dreams as season enders?

The end point is always my start point for the most part. V3 was entirely worked out major story wise in relation to each overall arc long before we started. The Elders angle is now, and the next angle is set and so on until the end.

Quote from Gemini on 29 March 2024, 22:04

Following up on some of your comments about format: what do you see a roleplay in OSW looking like in a year?

Unless people want to discuss change, I imagine it looking mostly the same as it does now. I'm open to discussion on change to anything but not the word limit. We're a 500 word promo fed and that's not changing. If the handlers want to explore promo style options then I'm happy to chat about it.

What's your ideal roster size? For the hell of it, what would that roster size require for Creative and Match Writing teams?

20-25 unique and individual handlers would be ideal. 20-30 characters would be the sweet spot. 6 on creative, 6-8 on match writing. I think we have 16 unique handlers right now and close to 30 characters. 

I honestly wouldn't be mad if we had two shows, 40 handlers and all that too. But the ideal spot is probably the above.

Quote from Colt Ramsey on 29 March 2024, 19:58

What's been your favorite PPV to run on the yearly?

It's Pandemonium because of Lambs to the Slaughter.

Following the Classic, is there another one-off special from years past you'd love to bring to Arcadia for Volume 3?

I don't think so. I could make The Classic fit because of the storyline that's ongoing but our next set of angles don't really lend themselves to another historic style event.

PreviousPage 2 of 2