Please to create posts and topics.

Greatest OSW Tag Teams.

PreviousPage 4 of 7Next
  1. Founding Fathers (Lane & Scarecrow)
  2. Bellatorum (Nox & Lux Bellator)
  3. O'Death (EMM & Dr. Death)

For me, these three have great individual histories, but rather uneventful reigns as tag teams, imo. I remember their feuds individual matches than I do as them as tag teams. Mike Lane and Scarecrow, while sounding like a formidable tag team, didn't really make too much of an impression with me as a unit. Same with Bellatorum and O'Death.

The last two had a bigger impact with their feuds than their reigns as tag champions, what with Lux trying to bring about Armageddon with the seven bowls and the future Solomon Rhodes trying to stop him. Also with Mariachi Muerte trying to stop Dr. Death from killing every last Mariachi for a purpose I can't really remember before that sad, yet badass match at Red Snow.

Just my two cents on this round.

1. Founding Fathers

2. Bellatorum

I think with these two, their identities lay outside of their lives as tag teams. Their storylines were so deep in themselves that there was such a richness individually with them that I see them in their position as a team second to their identities outside the team, especially for Lane and Scarecrow.

For Bellatorum, their identity is so intertwined and complex that you cannot see one without the other. I think that creates the most epic story arc in OSW history, but it gets in the way of them being a dominant team as so much of that has been against each other.

3. The Awakening

This is a classic case of the enforcers of the group holding a title, that makes the group itself and it's leader seem tougher as a result. A great duo, but when you stack them up against some other teams on the list I think their legacies don't hit as hard.

Based on vote:

• Founding Fathers 6
  • The Awakening 5
  • Bellatorum 4
  • O'Death 3
  • Vayikra 1

That takes us to Round III:

Round II:

We're now down to ten teams in our hunt for theĀ GREATEST OSW TAG TEAM OF ALL TIME.

This time I'm breaking it down with some actual facts, baby.

1. Knock Knock (Doubt & Smiley) - 2 Reigns, 2 Defences.
  2. Bad Motherfuckers (Zero & Pyre) - 1 Reign, 9 Defences, 336 Days.
  3. Those 90s Guys (Ash and Cories) 1 Reign, 2 Defences
  4. Jet Set Radio (Ether & Tag) - 1 Reign, 2 Defences, 69 Days.
  5. The Family (Cussen & DTR) - 2 Reigns, 2 Defences
  6. O'Death (El Mariachi Murete & Dr. Death) - 1 Reign, 3 Defences, 78 Days
  7. Vayikra (Sir Bellator & Sir Renault) - 1 Reign, 1 Defence, 113 Days

We're looking to go down to 5 now. Eliminate 2.

Eliminating:

1. Vayikra (Sir Bellator & Sir Renault) - 1 Reign, 1 Defence, 113 Days
  2. The Family (Cussen & DTR) - 2 Reigns, 2 Defence.

So, I already pled my case for Vayikra.

If Bellatorum went for the reasons they went, then how can The Family remain? The tag titles were a bit part of their entire storyline which was much bigger than them holding the belts - which by comparison, barely registers.

Eliminating:

Agree with Dean. These were my next two out either way. Not much for me to add.

I'm in complete agreement with both of you guys. Not to bandwagon but these two are definitely my picks.

EDIT: Because my brain is fried at the moment, I've only just found what I was looking at before lol

1. Vayikra (Sir Bellator & Sir Renault) - 1 Reign, 2 Defences, 113 Days

And just so I remember to back this up with the specifics:

• Vayikra def. Impaler/Chronoa to retain at HV #273
  • Vayikra def. Deathnote & Sigil to retain at Wrestling Gold II

The correction on # of defenses aside, I agree with the points made on both of these teams being eliminated.

Both of these teams having the situation of the tag title run being nearly a footnote in a greater rivalry between them (Renault and Bellator, Cussen and DTR), so I get the chopping of both for those reasons.

I'm pretty much in complete agreement with all of you.

1. Vayikra (Sir Bellator & Sir Renault) - 1 Reign, 2 Defence, 113 Days

While I thought Vayikra made for a great heel tag team, what with their forever feud against the Rainbow Party, I hardly remember much, if anything, about their reign as tag champions. Probably doesn't help that they only had two defenses that I don't remember who they were against. As for the Family, they were great in terms of a unit and were responsible for the fucking Apocalypse, their tag team run wasn't all that eventful, despite their wins over Wrestling Royalty and the like.

So the majority has ruled here allready but absolutely sticking to my original Top 5, albeit slightly modifed given one of them in Bellatorum is gone.

2. O'Death (El Mariachi Murete & Dr. Death) - 1 Reign, 3 Defences, 78 Days

So Vayikra was definetly a top team but for me, the best teams have to either come in immediately as a team, have some rich history that makes the prospect of them teaming mean something big or their overall impact as a team was huge. Vayikra as a stable was a big ass deal, but as the team itself, they didn't make any true waves aside from being the team to finally beat BMF and their individual accomplishments overshadow those as a team.

And then there's O'Death. While I get the Family getting bumped here and given Bellatorum did when they really shouldn't have, it makes sense but in the scheme of those three factors I named, The Family is top 5 easily. They had the longest run as tag champs at that point in OSW, created a memorable moment in Calypso's death and it was the culmination of years of story-telling. O'Death did lead to a phenomenal feud but I think the Family had a much bigger impact as a team then O'Death did.

Quote from Colt Ramsey on 20 March 2024, 20:01

EDIT: Because my brain is fried at the moment, I've only just found what I was looking at before lol

And just so I remember to back this up with the specifics:

• Vayikra def. Impaler/Chronoa to retain at HV #273
  • Vayikra def. Deathnote & Sigil to retain at Wrestling Gold II

The correction on # of defenses aside, I agree with the points made on both of these teams being eliminated.

Both of these teams having the situation of the tag title run being nearly a footnote in a greater rivalry between them (Renault and Bellator, Cussen and DTR), so I get the chopping of both for those reasons.

I don't think you had to search that hard. I just checked the title histories and it says 2. Must've been a typo in the original write-up list.

Joining the game for the first time and the reasons stated for these two teams make more sense. I've read everyone else's viewpoint and there's nothing I agree with more than these two teams and the reasons given. I would have agreed with the previous eliminations too, except perhaps Bellatorum. I'm not sure about that.

PreviousPage 4 of 7Next