Please to create posts and topics.

NXT Level #348 - Deathrow Takeover

PreviousPage 2 of 2

POP OF THE NIGHT:

The Kingdom lives! Well, most of them anyway. I think the White Bear meeting his fate is absolutely tragic but the fact that Python was able to save two of his friends and they could bring the fight to Black Panther was no doubt massive. I'm honestly immensely invested in this storyline so I'm excited to see just where this goes and to learn WHY Panther did what he did.

Also I'm popping hard for Sweet Dreams. Like, I adore the Sweet Dreams matches and I've missed them these last few years. Vision is back and leading team OSW? Absolutely huge.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who's the rest of team OSW?

Who will represent the Uprising?

Who spoke with Harold?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Jackson Cade: Not a huge segment but I think the writer did their best getting everything set up for the PPV. I wish I had a bit more set up but I think the history between these three definitely helped carry the animosity into the PPV.

Drewitt: I'm sadly in agreement with Laner and Mel here. Not sure I can add anything to this.

POP OF THE NIGHT: One that I haven't seen as much mentioned is Burning Point. That's a massive match coming up for the tag titles, with an all out brawl in the ring turning into a 2v2v2v2 match! Like in particular, it seemed as if the death of the Pool Boys had been brought up right to my face with this one, in a clash for the title itself! We'll see who conquers, but it was a fantastic piece.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

• With the new memories, who or what is Tombstone going to be going after?
  • Where did Raven get off to?
  • Who spoke up in defense of CJ Thorpe?
  • Will Nox ever get away from Zion?

HAVE YOUR SAY: What a fucking spectacular segment for Yellow Python!! Love seeing the lure of burying all three of his teammates, luring out the Black Panther only to have him be surprised by Red Falcon and Blue Shark! While it's sad to see White Bear being truly dead, the fact that YP isn't alone at this time is just bloody fantastic, and I hooped with glee when I read it!

POP OF THE NIGHT:

The return of those in the Kingdom who survived in "Funeral For A Friend" immediately springs to mind. Coming away from when we last saw the group, I couldn't help but wonder what happened next as Python prepared to take on Panther...so seeing Shark and Falcon come to the Serpent's aid was wonderful.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

• Who's aiding Attano when it comes to CJ Thorpe?
  • What is Mud Mouth looking for that's brought him to Raven?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Regarding "Burning Point," I understand what's been said about the pace of this story. I think that's become the side effect of the shorter build to Attitude as noted before, but I do think the brawl itself was written quite well, particularly for how it puts the pressure on the Uprising ahead of the tag title match. I especially appreciate the framing of Sterling making this announcement; I see it as the Authority trying to take back control of the situation by stacking the deck with the addition of Apokalypsis...but I also dig the tension that this raises between the Besties and Burning Justice. Definitely makes for a very, very interesting affair!

I really liked "Strange Bedfellows" as it very quickly answered the question of Colt's involvement on the previous show. I think these three having had their battles makes this particular go-around a curious one, with the change of dynamics between all three from previous encounters. Especially with Colt as he is now, it's interesting to see his motivation for going after Narcissa and how Cade falls into that given his own issues with the Uprising leader!

POP OF THE NIGHT:

I'm gonna give this to the Fire 2. Holy shit, what an ending. We got to see EMM unlock a memory from Tombstone, revealing that he mercilessly murdered Fernicus Lamplight. Not only that, he did so while setting Illumination Antiques ablaze at the same time. Albert managing to survive Tombstone's wrath due to a collapsing ceiling was not only miraculous, but sets up a future encounter with the Illuminator if someone would ever pick up the mantle and choose to RP as him. I also loved the detail of Tombstone walking out of the flames while healing and the flames having virtually no effect on him. That made him look like a scary motherfucker for anyone that has to deal with him in the future.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who will be the other members of team OSW in the Sweet Dreams match? Who will be on the Uprising's side for the match back in Deathrow? I'm hype as hell for this match and I hope the Uprising get what they deserve in this upcoming fight.

How did Blue Shark and Red Falcon survive? They were pretty much pronounced dead at Rise of the Spartan, so them showing up here was a pleasant surprise. How will Black Panther be able to retaliate against them with this unexpected development?

Who saved CJ's ass from further torture by the hands of Harold Attano? From the way it's worded, it sounds like someone we know, but their face and appearance is purposefully hidden from us so we wouldn't identify him. Who could it be?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

I gotta say, I'm also a little disappointed with the storyline here, mostly for the same reasons as Mel and Laner. I was under the assumption that it was going to be a four on four with all of the Pool Boys taking on members of the Uprising. So for Apokalypsis to get involved too, despite only being mentioned last week, feels kind of unnecessary. Doubly so since I thought they already got their revenge against the (currently) former convicts back at Bad Company. Why would two of the four horsemen come out to attack Dahlia when the Uprising essentially did nothing to them this time around? I get that it's a short cycle this time around, but this would've benefitted from another segment of the Uprising also attacking Pestilence and War before the payoff of Scott Sterling announcing the tag team fatal four way.

POP OF THE NIGHT:

A little homery one but I'm going with Sweet Dreams. Great way to start the show because it got the reader and the crowd excited for a match that's bound to be chaotic and fun. I know I'm hyped for multiple reason but I'm hyped for sure. I loved the dialohue and I'm super excited for whoever is going to win. Also, sweet dreams is returning to Ring of Dreams. I've been waiting for this for a while and I'm excited.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who else will be representing OSW at ROD?

Who will represent Uprising?

How did Red Falcon and Blue Shark survive?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

I'm happy that there's history in my feud since we had a shorter month. I didnt have as much as I'd like to sink my teeth into but we had some. It was cool to see the old feud return in a different way via church of Zion. I'll say I'm definitely excited about the 4vs4  for Ring of Dreams. That's bound to be a lot of fun.

POP OF THE NIGHT: (What was the moment, in segment, that you enjoyed the most and why?)

Absolutely going to be a homer here and go Funeral For A Friend. The fakeout of the death announcements from Johnny and Nick were a little heartbreaking to say the least so for the Blue Shark and Red Falcon to come in to save Python at the last moment from the Panther's assault was a brilliant swerve. The Kingdom get their little moment of solace for the Bear here and its great to see TYP has some backup heading into Attitude.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who's the mystery man working with Harold?

Who else will be on Team OSW?

What will Tombstone do now EMM has revealed this little dark moment from his past and what will he say to Mortis?

HAVE YOUR SAY: Yeah I'm continuing the agreement here. I do get the short cycle has limited things a bit but Apokolypsis's involvement did seem to come out of nowhere especially when the direction was clearly Pool Boys vs. Uprising. It was a climactic moment, especially the idea of Sterling trying to put a wedge between the Pool Boys by making them fight one another for the belts but like the others said, there's definetly a segment or two missing here to go from A of the Pool Boys vs. Uprising to C adding the Apokolypsis involvement too.

PreviousPage 2 of 2