Please to create posts and topics.

The Judging Rubric

Something I think needs to be quite transparent for e-wrestling in general is how a judge judges handlers promos. Handlers need to know what the fedhead looks for.

Since our change of tact, I’ve thought about coming up with a bit of a system that improves upon “if I like it, I like it”. Obviously with themes being the order of the day previously, it was always very clear on what I looked for. Things are much more open now.

Here's the rubric.

Match Relevance [40%]

Match relevance refers to match content. This is you talking about your forthcoming match.

Storyline Focus [10%] 

Storyline focus refers to your current storyline and the integration of previous show events into your promo. It doesn’t have to be directly the last show; it can be any storyline factor that makes sense. It can be your own or your opponents.

Character [10%] 

How well does your character come across? Your characters personality and gimmick are vitally important to any promo.

The IT Factor [40%]

This is the quality of the writing. It includes not just punctuation, proper spelling, and general grammar but more so how the words are written. How compelling is what you say? How well written are the words on the page?

Destructo Boy, Jackson Cade and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
Destructo BoyJackson CadeGeminiBlazeEl Mariachi MuerteNarcissa BalenciagaTombstoneJash KhanRaven

I like it! Just yesterday i read Tombstone's promo and it dawned on me what i needed to do to get better here. This helps a lot because after reading that and now this, i feel like i have a better idea on what's needed for me.

Zeus has reacted to this post.
Zeus

Perfect!

Thanks for this, Dean. Reading this, I can clearly see where I've been going off piste with a lot of my promos since coming back into the fold.

This should help me, no end, in putting that right.

Zeus has reacted to this post.
Zeus