Please to create posts and topics.

Volume 4 Character Ideas

Page 1 of 2Next

Due for release in January 2026, what character ideas do you have in the bank that you might use for Volume 4? Don't worry, none of your ideas used in the thread here will be taken or allowed to be taken/submitted by anyone else without your permission. If you want to safeguard against someone creating a similar character before the end of V3, just don't share too many deets.

I have quite a few saved up in my head and on my computer. I kind of already shared them with quite a few people over at Discord already, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone I discussed them with thinks they can do what I do better.

There's a high flying party boy who's narcissistic as hell and obviously hiding something from people.

There's a gimmick I have based on Peter Pan's Lost Boys who someone I shared this idea with thinks should be a carbon copy of Rufio in terms of looks.

And there's a guy who doesn't like the direction the world is heading in and wants to create a utopia of sorts based on his own image.

I'm leaning heavily towards the first two in terms of who I want to run with, one to have some fun with and the other to try and be uber serious with respectively.

If we're going for this 'Open Seas Wrestling' idea, I want to run a character based solely off Captain Jack Sparrow holding up his jar of dirt that he's so possessive about.

If we're talking about Arcadian characters, I'll keep thinking

I'm always filled with ideas, but it really comes down to the setting of Volume 4.

If we go Open Seas Wrestling I think it'd be fun to play a man who's been imprisoned and is forced to fight on behalf of a faction/country in return for trying to earn his freedom.

For more open ideas, since we're trying to feel a bit more Attitude...

I mentioned before, but I'd love to play a deranged director. The idea being he's obsessed with 'realism' in his films. Real fear, real agony, real emotions. He views the roster as his unwilling ensemble cast and torments them, manipulates them, and 'directs' them to try and get his 'perfect scene'. Possibly even take a page out of Bray Wyatt's book and make him embody different 'characters' for his demented film.

If OSW Volume Four is Open Seas Wrestling, I suspect there will be a race to see who can sign up as a literal Sharkman first lol

If it's more Attitude-oriented I almost like the idea of a crazy Bob Backlund sort; a man out of touch with 'the times' and wants to prove he's still got it. (alternatively, something like "Timeless" Toni Storm which is vaguely similar...but still, lol)

El Mariachi Muerte has reacted to this post.
El Mariachi Muerte

Based on the Open Seas Wrestling concept, I have a couple of ideas floating (waaaaay) around.

Here's the first of them:

A part-mutant type mariner. He bears the outward appearance of a typical human but possesses evolutionary advancements such as gills and webbed feet which grant him superior abilities to breathe and navigate underwater. Unlike the majority of inhabitants in his world, he has ventured into the depths of the ocean, witnessing remnants of a forgotten epoch that once thrived beneath the waves. Within this domain, he fishes for precious insights from the past and rare commodities with which to trade on the surface.

I envisage this character being a bit of a fusion between Sigil and Berenger, possessing the ability to traverse worlds while weaving tales of his experiences. Additionally, you could also say that the mutant aspect draws inspiration from one of my old VTV characters, Snare, whilst the focus on commodities echoes to capture the essence of Nicholas Mammon.

I really just kind of have broad concepts in my head right now.

• Someone who inherited a name/moniker/label/throne, but doesn't want it. They have to deal with all that comes with it, yet just want to live their life.
    • Maybe a Pirate King, who isn't a pirate but has inherited his father's mantle.
  • The Ice Man. Someone cold and calculated, yet supremely confident.
  • A shapeshifter of some kind.
  • The Trust Fund Kind (TFK, baby). Always had the best in life. Starts off in OSW with everything, the whole world at his fingertips.

There's not really anything that jumps out at me too much, so just in concept right now.

If we're still in Arcadia next season, I'm thinking about rolling with a gardener character.

Perhaps one who used to manage the Groves, but their life has taken a sinister edge.

Something akin to Poison Ivy, meets Nox. There was an element of gardener in Banzan that came through every now and then, heaps of analogies that can be used to drive the narrative of a character's voice.

Wouldn't work if we're on the open seas though.

I'm testing the waters with a Ron Burgundy style character for The Classic. I'm not really sure what I want to do for Volume 4. Part of me wants to capture some of the past and write a methodical intelligent mastermind of sorts. I've been weighing up a character called Gospel Adam. He'd be the leader of a viscous religious gang that commit crimes and preach.

I've been thinking on this one, and I've got a couple of ideas that I was thinking of for future characters in OSW (Season 4 and maybe after this week with how things are going lol) and I've got a couple of fun ones I think.

- A story teller/librarian sort of character, which I'm also doing a prototype test run for the Classic. The concept of having that sort of pool of fiction and stories to craft promos around would be a fun gimmick I think.

- The forced prophet of some ancient being beyond the scope of a setting. Think like a Lovecraft protagonist, dogged by a force that wishes to impose it's will on the world whether the wrestler/prophet wants to or not.

- An archaeologist/adventurer type a la Indiana Jones or Nathan Drake that has crazy adventures going back and forth through the world. Probably a post-Arcadia character.

- I've had a silly idea of a D&D esque Dungeon Master for promos. I don't know how it would work but I think if I could figure it out it would be very fun.

Page 1 of 2Next