Please to create posts and topics.

Dream Card, Dream Show

PreviousPage 10 of 10

Damo: Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Gorgeous George, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Cody & Dusty Rhodes, Ric & Reid Flair, D'Angelo Dinero, R-Truth, Will Osperay, Ruckus, El Generico, Mil Muertes, The Gangstas (Mustafa Saed & New Jack), Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray), Eddie Guerrero, Larry Sweeny, Fit Finlay, Bruiser Brody, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Robbie: The Rock, Roman Reigns, Kurt Angle, Zach Sabre Jr., Edge, Matt Hardy, Keith Lee, Swerve Strickland, Malakai Black, 2 Cold Scorpio, Umaga, William Regal, The Usos, New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston), John Cena, Rhea Ripley, Chyna, Seth Rollins, Gunther, Shelton Benjamin

Alex: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Triple H, Kevin Owens, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Kazuchika Okada, Dudley Boyz, The Briscoes (Jay & Mark), PAC, Eddie Kingston, Mark Henry, Hallowicked, Young Bucks, Super Smash Bros., Jon Moxley, MJF, Brodie Lee, Alundra Blayze, Meiko Satomura, Jordynne Grace, Nigel McGuinness

Hayden: The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Sting, Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat, Taz, The Road Warriors, Samoa Joe, Andre the Giant, Bret Hart, The Big Show, Santino Marella, Lucha Bros, Kenny Omega, Chris Jericho, Último Dragón, The Hurricane (Hurricane Helms), Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall), Hayabusa, El Santo

Laner: Mick Foley, AJ Styles, Bryan Danielson, Brock Lesnar, Bray Wyatt, CM Punk, Raven, Rey Mysterio Jr., Steiner Brothers, Owen Hart, Ken Shamrock, American Alpha, Dean Malenko, New Age Outlaws, Enzo & Big Cass, Lance Storm, Randy Orton, Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Alright, that's everyone's 20 (except for Laner's 18)! Now it's time to make those cards!

Not sure how everyone is formatting this, but I'm just going with text!

LANER'S ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN
LIVE from Madison Square Garden!

MAIN EVENT
Firefly Funhouse Match
Mick Foley vs. Bray Wyatt

The Three Faces of Foley enter the Firefly Funhouse. Two very cerebral, character focused men facing off in the main event of this show. This match would surely be a spectacle and a mindfuck, but would close off with the Fiend going toe to toe with the legendary Cactus Jack in a wild brawl.

VOICE OF THE VOICELESS
I Quit Match
CM Punk vs. Raven

Voices of two generations go at it. This isn't ROH's past-his-prime Raven, this is Raven's Nest Raven. ECW Raven. Torturing Tommy Dreamer Raven. Against pipe bomb CM Punk, at the top of his game. It's an I Quit match just to put a microphone in their hands for what would surely be a bloody affair.

GET READY TO FLY
AJ Styles vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Two of the greatest high fliers in history go at it. They don't need any gimmicks, just the opportunity to show what they can do. Two men that gravity (and time) forgot hitting amazing move after amazing move.

TOO MUCH HART
Submission Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Owen Hart

Danielson and Owen may be two of the most well-rounded wrestlers in history. They could both do it all. Fly. Talk. Brawl. But they shine the most in technical displays. The brutality of Danielson against the smooth precision of Hart, all to make the other tap out.

ULTIMATE FIGHTER
Brock Lesnar vs. Ken Shamrock

The Beast against the World's Most Dangerous Man. The man who helped start the MMA craze against one of its most fearsome competitors. This match would be a little one sided, but who doesn't want to see Shamrock keep coming back against Brock Lesnar.

SNAKE PIT
Randy Orton vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

The Viper verses the Snake. The RKO verses the DDT. Imagine Orton going for the Punt, and Jake pulling Damien into the ring.

TAG TEAM MADNESS
Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner) vs. American Alpha (Jason Jordan & Chad Gable)

Prime Steiner Brothers, before Scott found the gas, were a tag team to behold. Their squashes were legendary. Their competitive matches were even better. Scott Steiner was a prime athlete, and Rick could keep up. Put them against the sheer athleticism of American Alpha, who got great matches out of the Ascension, and you've got a spectacle to behold.

IF I CAN BE SERIOUS FOR A MINUTE
Dean Malenko vs. Lance Storm

This match is purely for me. Two of my favorites going at it in what would surely be a technical masterpiece. Neither are known for their charisma, but the sheer amount of moves they integrate into their matches would keep the crowd level.

THE OPENER
New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) vs. Enzo & Big Cass

What better way to get a crowd on their feet by having two of the best mic working tag teams in history come out to pop the crowd. They can sing along to Enzo and Road Dogg hitting their favorites. The match itself would be short, relying on quick pops and playing the hits. But the crowd would be primed and hyped for what's to come.

Main Event

Lumberjack Match

The Rock vs Roman Reigns

In a matchup worthy of Wrestlemania and one some wanted more than Cody vs Roman, we get to see what happens when these two fight for the role of Tribal Chief as the ring is surrounded by The Bloodline.

It's a Woman’s World

Last Woman Standing

Chyna vs Rhea Ripley

Two women that took the world by storm in their eras, Chyna when she was with Eddie vs modern day Rhea is a match that is bound to  be filled with big power moves that each competitor will try to destroy each other with.

The Retirement Match That Should Have Been 

Traditional Match

Kurt Angle vs John Cena

The match a lot of fans wanted for Kurt's last match. We get to see what would happen between these two hall of famers face each other in a rematch that is a great bookend to the match that started the ruthless aggression era.

Catch as Catch Can

60 minute Ironman match

Zach Sabre Jr vs William Regal

A match highlighting the best of British wrestling and one that promises a technical masterpiece. This is one for me that just sounds like a lot of fun to watch.

It's Not Over 

I Quit Match

Edge vs Matt Hardy

Right during the height of the affair feud, these two are not done after Edge won the Raw contract, they fight in a match that makes perfect sense with Matt's never say die attitude at the time.

Big Boys Slapping Meat

Traditional Match

Umaga vs Keith Lee

Two men that always put on great, athletic matches despite their size in a match made for them. Umaga gets to fight a big man as athletic as him, a rarity during his time in wrestling.

They Lied, One More Time

No Holds Barred Match

New Day vs The Usos

In a match that is hopefully sooner rather than later, Big E returns when the Bloodline fully breaks up and The Usos get back together. In the spirit of nostalgia, the new day challenges The Usos to one more match that let's then go all out.

Gunther's Toughest Test

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title

Gunther (c) vs Seth Rollins vs Shelton Benjamin vs Swerve Strickland vs Malakai Black vs 2 Cold Scorpio

A match showcasing some of the best highflyers and men suited for this kind, all five are trying to take down the most dominant Intercontinental champion of all time. Can they do it or will Gunther prove how good he is?

Tornado Tag Match - Falls Count Anywhere!
Dudley Boyz VS The Briscoes

Two teams known for hard-hitting bouts of their respective eras, the Sons of Dudleyville and Dem Boys come face-to-face in a match that could end anywhere in the arena (or outside)!

Last Man Standing
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin VS Jon Moxley

Two of the the toughest men in pro wrestling square off to see who will be the last one standing! Can Mox defang the Rattlesnake, or will Austin stomp a mudhole clean through the Death Rider?

Iron Woman Match
Alundra Blayze VS Meiko Satomura

Two women who know a thing or two about technical prowess AND precision striking face off to see who the real Iron Woman of pro wrestling is!

Raining on Macho Man's Parade?
"Macho Man" Randy Savage VS Kazuchika Okada

Two of the biggest personalities in pro wrestling past and present step into the ring, with the Rainmaker looking to prove he's not just here for a "cup o' coffee in the big time" against the Macho Madness!

The Tussle of Trash Talkers!
Triple H VS MJF

You could also call this "the alphabet soup match" if you want, but there is no denying the promo and in-ring abilities of Helmsley and MJF at their respective peaks...and now, they have a score to settle!

HOSS FIGHT!
Mark Henry VS Brodie Lee

A battle of the big men as the gatekeeper of the Hall of Pain steps up against the Exalted One! There's been enough talk...yeah, yeah, yeah!

Equal Rights, Equal Fights!
PAC VS Jordynne Grace

Two competitors with a surpring penchant for their physiques, PAC and Grace now have an opportunity to flex on their respective haters and see whether sheer power or agility can win out in the end!

"Respect" Match
Kevin Owens VS Eddie Kingston

Anyone who knows Eddie Kingston knows he is on a constant search for respect from those who denied him in the past...and now, he goes head-to-head with Kevin Owens, a man he went to war with in 2012!

Serious VS Ridiculous!
Nigel McGuinness & The Young Bucks VS Hallowicked & Super Smash Bros.

A trios contest that sees different eras of ROH and CHIKARA collide, as the former ROH World Champion teams with former tag champs Matt and Nick Jackson to take on former Grand Champion 'Wicked and former Campeonatos de Parejas Player Uno and Player Dos!

MAIN EVENT
Hulk Hogan vs. Bruno Sammartino

I feel like this would be a good fight between two of the biggest names in wrestling history. Nobody was bigger than these two in their heydays, and this matchup would be the ultimate test to see who the bigger babyface was between them.

TAG TEAM SEMI MAIN EVENT
Cody & Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric & Reid Flair

Dusty and Ric burned the house down just about every time they fought. While the American Dream might not have captured the gold often against the Nature Boy and Dusty finishes were often used, they were one of the most memorable feuds in wrestling history. Now get their kids involved in a tag match with their parents? You got yourself a hell of a dream match.

HAIR VS. HAIR MATCH
Gorgeous George vs. "Ravishing" Rick Rude

Imagine the one man that helped invent gimmicks in pro wrestling take on a man with one of the most chiseled builds in all of pro wrestling and pit their locks on the line. Given that neither man would really want to be shaved bald, it'd be fun to imagine who'd be more desperate to keep what helps make them look good to begin with.

CASKET MATCH
El Generico vs. Mil Muertes

With Generico's impressive selling abilities, varied moveset, and overall fun demeanor mixed with Muertes's powerful offense and how he seems to make anyone bleed in this type of match, and you got yourself a hell of a bloodbath of the ages.

NO HOLDS BARRED TAG TEAM MATCH
The Gangstas (Mustafa Saed & New Jack) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray)

While Harlem Heat aren't exactly known for their hardcore prowess, they are known for coming from one of the toughest streets in New York (despite them both actually being from Texas), and I think that toughness would translate well against the Gangstas, who aren't afraid to go all out and put their bodies on the line in this match. What would generally be considered a trashy hardcore match should end up becoming one for the ages with Heat being able to get a good match out of anyone.

A TALE OF TWO COMMENTATORS
Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Two of the most recognizable color commentators go head to head in a battle to see who can actually back up their words. Jesse Ventura might've spent most of his career out of the ring instead of inside it, but I feel like he could still go, given the right guy. Lawler, meanwhile, might've started wrestling late, but was involved with a fun story with Bret Hart that saw him proclaim himself as the one true king. Whose mouth wrote checks that their fists can cash?

MEATY MEN SLAPPING MEAT
Fit Finlay vs. Bruiser Brody

I wanted a hoss fight, so I grabbed two of the toughest men I've been told about (sans Meng) and pitted them together. Simple as. Will the Irishman manage to take the crown of the toughest man in wrestling, or will Brody manage to intimidate Finlay so much that he'll bail on the match like Luger did?

THE DUEL BETWEEN THE LOVEABLE ROGUES
Eddie Guerrero vs. Larry Sweeney

This match I feel is a tribute for two men that were taken too soon. Eddie Guerrero was on the verge of greatness before he suffered from heart failure. Meanwhile Sweeney, while not too well known outside of the indies, was a fun heel wrestler that was impossible to boo, much like Guerrero was as a heel. Which one of these two will steal the match and the crowd's hearts?

HIGH FLYING SPECTACLE
Will Osperay vs. Ruckus

One of the greatest high flyers of all time goes up against one that I think deserved more love. Ruckus was known for his acrobatic prowess and innovative moves in CZW while Osperay is well known for being an aerial assassin. I see tons of flippy shit happening in this match, but the question is, whose flips will get them the victory?

UNSUNG HEROES OPENING BOUT
R Truth vs. D'Angelo Dinero

Both of these guys weren't given much success in the E, and I feel the need to rectify that somehow. Both of them are great workers and they both deserved to be major champions at some point earlier in their careers. Will The Pope show R-Truth just what's up, or will the former Ron Killings do it for Little Jimmy?

Main Event

The Undertaker vs Sting

Two of the best characters in the history of wrestling go head to head. The mystique surrounding each of these legends comes to a head, culminating in a spectacle that will be the crowning jewel of the night.

The Showstoppers

Ladder Match

Shawn Michaels vs Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat

Two great showmen go head to head in a match that could steal the show. Both HBK and Steamboat were amazing storytellers, and this match would be one hell of a story.

Heroes of the Mask

Fatal Four Way

Último Dragón vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Hayabusa vs El Santo

Four of the most famous and revered masks battle it out for the ultimate claim. El Santo, the father of luchador. Hayabusa, the Japanese legend and both  Último Dragón and Liger who showcased their legacy on a global scale.

Who's mask is the ultimate... Winner faces Rey Mysterio at a later date.

Tag Team Triple Threat

The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall) vs The Road Warriors vs The Lucha Bros

One of the most feared tag teams of all time, The Legion of Doom, prove their generational metal against two of the best tag teams across two generations. The classic WCW Nash/Hall combination and the Fenix/Penta combination of the modern day.

Three of my favourite teams, but there can be only one... What a rush.

Giant's Battle 

Andre the Giant vs The Big Show

Big men slapping meat. The two greatest big men in wrestling history promise to break the ring as they clash. Godzilla meets King Kong. Timber!

Make them Quit

Submission Match

Taz vs Samoa Joe

These two would go so well together. They're both as tough as each other, the styles would be awesome to match. Putting them into a submission spectacle would be awesome.

Excellence of Execution

Triple Threat

Bret Hart vs Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho

Three showmen who think of themselves as the best ever go at it here. The contrasting styles mesh in perfection as we find out who really is the best, who can steal the show and make the other two eat their egos and words.

The Opener

Comedy Gold

Santino Marella vs The Hurricane (Hurricane Helms)

Warming the crowd up with two characters that had genuinely great comedic timing and really good in ring skills. Yeah, we see Vipers and gimmicks, but we're also going to see some great wrestling... And warm the crowd right up.

Alright, so first of all, here's my favourite matches of the bunch (in no particular order).

The Undertaker vs Sting (Hayden)

It's a classic demand, isn't it? Every fan who knows anything about wrestling would've wanted to see these in their prime. I'm an Undertaker guy but the more I saw Sting in AEW, the more respect I had for him.

El Generico vs. Mil Muertes (Damo)

I'm a huge mark for both of these guys. I think this'd be one hell of a match.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Jon Moxley (Alex)

This is a dream match for me.

Triple H vs. MJF (Alex)

Never knew I wanted it until I saw it.

The Rock vs Roman Reigns (Robbie)

It didn't happen like I wanted this year but I'd be real happy to see it.

Zach Sabre Jr vs William Regal (Robbie)

Wow, what a match this'd be.

Dean Malenko vs. Lance Storm (Laner)

Two of the best technical wrestlers to ever do it? Yes please. Only way it could get better is if you added Bryan Danielson in there.

CM Punk vs. Raven (Laner)

Dream match. I love Raven.

Mick Foley vs. Bray Wyatt (Laner)

All those faces of Foley and Bray? Sign me up.

Time to rank the cards.

The winner: LANER'S ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN

This card just has too many top top quality matches and three of my favourite matches overall. Danielson vs. Hart, Styles vs. Mysterio and a banger of a tag team match as well. The only match I'd have little interest in seeing as Orton vs. Roberts and that's because I can take or leave both.

2ND: Robbie

A great runer up.  The only match I think lacks punch is the IC and that's only because it feels a little shorehorned. New Day vs. Uso's is a little overdone perhaps and we've seen Hardy/Edge and Angle/Cena in the past. The more creative matches though are what won this a second place. Chyna/Rhea, Umaga/Lee, Roman/Rock and Regal/Sabre really make this pop.

3rd: Alex

A banger of a tag team main event, Austin vs. Mox, HHH vs. MJF, and Kingston vs. Owens seal the deal here. I'd be lying if I said I had interest in PAC/Grace, Serious vs. Ridiculous, or the Iron Woman Match but that's personal preference.

4th: Hayden

A classic card mixed with some older stuff. Taz vs. Joe would be fucking awesome and Hart/Omega and Jericho would be a show stealer if all were in their prime. I also actually love Marella vs. Hurricane because I'm a Hurricane mark.

5th: Damo

Sorry Damo, but I'm not a fan of anyone on this card outside of Generico/Muertes, Cody, Guerrero, Truth and Osprey. I just don't feel they were utilised the best. Imagine an Ospreay vs. Generico match and Muertes vs. Guerrro? There were a few better options for my money.

Colt Ramsey and El Mariachi Muerte have reacted to this post.
Colt RamseyEl Mariachi Muerte
PreviousPage 10 of 10