Please to create posts and topics.

Greatest OSW Tag Teams.

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next
  1. Besties (Foley & Doom)
  2. Ocean's One (Royal & Marvolo)
  3. Beauty and the Geek (Neville and Cayci)
  4. War Machine (Bishop & Malice)
  5. Legacy (Michaela Lane & Tank Kersh)

I'll third this list.

Besties, as stated, is simply too new. I think, if anything, it's on this list because it's undoubtedly GOING to be one of the greatest teams in OSW history. Not a doubt. But we're only at the beginning of their story, I feel.

Ocean's One was really fun, it was. Great long going feud between Royal and Marvolo, funny segments. They had the ability to be like The Besties but it just lacked the reigns and longevity.

Beauty and the Geek is definitely more here for fond remembrance, as Lane said. They were a fun team, but yeah they lacked the real long term storylines.

War Machine was all potential and zero pay off due to Malice's handler leaving and after that it all fell apart. I'm not even certain Bishop was around much longer after.

Legacy was a fantastic stable but, at the end of the day, they were only big as a team for the Double Tap win and past that were mostly pawns for Sigil rather than their own entity.

I hate to just echo what you guys have said, but I've literally scoured that list again and again trying to think of literally anyone else that could be cut...but I cannot.

Besties being as new as they are compared to everyone else is what edges them out over, say, Skulltography (which deserves to survive a round of cuts in part because they're the *first* of Volume 3, IMO)

Aside from that, the logic previously stated makes sense to me as to why these are the five to cut this time around.

Very tough here. If the Besties had a few months more, I could probably swap them and O'Death as I feel EMM and Dr Death had more story feuding with eachother then actually teaming but I think that list of five is probably the first ones to cut.

5. Legacy (Michaela Lane & Tank Kersh

Besties are too new althou give it to the end of the volume and they have potential to be much higher up. Ocean's One really didn't have the longevity and i'll be honest, the feud between the pair was a much bigger highlight. War Machine were hampered by people leaving, Legacy was only that big Double Tap moment before fading away and Beauty and the Geek is absolutely more an outside OSW thing and more for the segments between Neville and Cayci then anything in ring.

The next five cut thou...fuck me that's gonna be hard

Yeah I hate to echo but that's the list, Besties could definitely be higher on a future list though depending on longevity.

Round II:

We're now down to ten teams in our hunt for the GREATEST OSW TAG TEAM OF ALL TIME.

This time I'm breaking it down with some actual facts, baby.

1. Knock Knock (Doubt & Smiley) - 2 Reigns, 2 Defences.
  2. Bad Motherfuckers (Zero & Pyre) - 1 Reign, 9 Defences, 336 Days.
  3. Those 90s Guys (Ash and Cories) 1 Reign, 2 Defences
  4. Jet Set Radio (Ether & Tag) - 1 Reign, 2 Defences, 69 Days.
  5. The Family (Cussen & DTR) - 2 Reigns, 2 Defences
  6. The Awakening (HaTe and David Manson) - 2 Reigns, 1 Defence
  7. Founding Fathers (Mike Lane & Scarecrow) - 1 Reign, 2 Defences
  8. O'Death (El Mariachi Murete & Dr. Death) - 1 Reign, 3 Defences, 78 Days
  9. Bellatorum (Nox and Lux Bellator) - 1 Reign, 1 Defence
  10. Vayikra (Sir Bellator & Sir Renault) - 1 Reign, 1 Defence, 113 Days

We're looking to go down to 7 now. Eliminate 3.

so very tough here and I was flip flopping on the 3rd to cut a lot but of all that remain, I think these three have the least significance compared to the remaining 7.

1. O'Death
  2. The Awakening
  3. Founding Fathers

O'Death I feel were a big thing in the last year but only up to Ring of Dreams. Aside from that, they had more impact against eachother then together. Awakening as much as they deserve their flowers for being the first champs and the second reign at Double Tap was phenomenal, but it didn't last long and honestly, you think of the Awakening, you think of Red River Jack or David Manson solo not the tag team.

As for the third, fuck this was hard but I think it's the same reasoning for the Awakening. The Founding Fathers was a big stable but Mike Lane had a lot more worth as a solo act and Scarecrow has a lot more historical worth either solo, with Brent Kersh or with Mother then with Mike Lane.

Zeus has reacted to this post.
Zeus

Let's go.

1. The Founding Fathers (Mike Lane & Scarecrow)
  2. O'Death (El Mariachi Muerte & Dr. Death)
  3. The Awakening (HAtE & David Manson)

The Founding Fathers are fantastic in many ways, yeah. But they had a single reign and though the storyline was fantastic, I don't think a single person in OSW, if you asked them what they remembered the most about Lane and Crow, would answer with their tag team. It had a fantastic storyline, but not a team that would sit on my mount rushmore.

O'Death lead to an awesome storyline between EMM and Dr. Death that I felt springboarded EMM as a whole to a whole new level. However, they suffer from Ocean's One syndrome I think. As good as they were as a team, the feud between them afterwards is leagues more important than their teaming ever was.

The Awakening is and always will be one of OSW's best and most beloved stables. However, for much of its time here, they existed entirely as NPCs that worked for Red River Jack. They did have a win at Double Tap, and they definitely have so much lore behind them. But I can't in good faith say that they, as a tag team, earn a spot beyond the top 10.

Zeus
  1. Founding Fathers (Mike Lane & Scarecrow) - 1 Reign, 2 Defences
  2. The Awakening (HaTe and David Manson) - 2 Reigns, 1 Defence
  3. Vayikra (Sir Bellator & Sir Renault) - 1 Reign, 1 Defence, 113 Days

This was tough.

I had to think about what I'm looking for from the greatest tag team of all time. The story for The Founding Fathers didn't really need or warrant the tag titles, though they defended them twice and had a solid reign. I just don't think of their story as Champions or what happened thereafter was because of being Champions.

The Awakening were huge and their impact felt for a very long time but as Tag Team Champions they were overshadowed by being lackys for Jack, not having long term handlers and not propelling a story between them further because of it.

Vayikra because although I love them, their reign was long but not full of defences. It's not great to eliminate such a lengthy reign but with just one defence on it, it was less a holding out of trying and more a holding out of having.

I see you guys' points, but I have one slight disagreement on mine.

1. Bellatorum
  2. The Awakening
  3. Founding Fathers

And aside from the points made on Awakening and Founding Fathers, my opinion is that O'Death meshed very well together as a tag team during their run, and had a greater number of title defenses. That builds their case to stay compared to Bellatorum, who also had a really good run as a team and was as well known for their on/off feud through so much of that time.

Zeus

This one is tough. 1/3 anyway. The other seem consistent.

1. The Awakening
  2. Founding Fathers
  3. Bellatorum

I tried to look at how important being a team was to the team itself and how much of an impact as a team they had.

The Awakening was very important in early stories with Jack, but the team was always secondary. Even in their second reign, they weren’t important I felt. Still great, but I can’t put them over anyone else.

The Founding Fathers obviously have their status primarily from the individual accomplishments, and will both likely go deep in the individual list. I just don’t think the team was ever something that either character emphasized to the degree of others.

I struggled with the last one between Bellatorum and Vayikra. Honestly, I had a hard time recalling much of Vayikra’s reign, so maybe I should have chosen them. But for me Bellatorum’s time as a tag team is remembered more for what came after their short teaming stint. That story is legendary. But their tag team was kind of a mid point type thing. They had a feud before culminating in a Holy War, then an amnesiatic Nox Bellator put on a mask until Lux turned heel on him. I guess that’s my justification.

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next