Please to create posts and topics.

NXT LEVEL #346 - THE CLASSIC

PreviousPage 2 of 2

POP OF THE NIGHT:

Holy shit was "The End of Arcadia" a twist and a half! The segments throughout the night helped build expertly to this very moment, and I remember how enthralled I was to find out what was going to happen...and I love, love, love that the moment was a subversion of my expectations. I was waiting on some cataclysmic event that wiped a bunch of folks out...but we got something better in the end, the start of a Civil War that nearly caused the end of everything. I'm intrigued by the fact that what happened after the Classic is presumably kept under the strictest of whispers, and it helps give a better understanding of why Volume 3 starts us on such a clean slate by comparison...and as a lore fiend, I'm all for it lol.

I also wanna point to the segment that followed as a big moment in its own right, since everything we saw leading up to the start of the Civil War feels like it could be a parallel of sorts to the Uprising's attempt to take Arcadia by force!

BURNING QUESTIONS:

• Who ends up surviving the Civil War, and how have they managed to keep so quiet for so long?
  • What IS the real horror to come? (Is it the next phase of whatever the Uprising's been up to?)

HAVE YOUR SAY:

I had a blast coming up with Eris for this, and was happy to see her pick up the win. I've joked about what I think became of her, that I'll restate here: wouldn't surprise me if she either tried to say something and got killed for it, or spent much of her life muttering about chaos in The Groves lol.

Great show overall, loved the way the segments built up to the big moments to close to show, and there was a great bunch of pieces that came out from it. Well done to y'all, and thanks to Dean for putting on a hell of a live show!

POP OF THE NIGHT:

I'm going to give this to the real horror is yet to come. This seemed to confirm most of the questions I had such as is the hooded man Zeus? It felt confirmed when Hercules said he now understood why Zeus was always terrified of him, son taking the father down in a repeat of history and all that but made me question a lot more such as what's the real threat? If this is something Zeus is afraid of and so willing go tell Hercules about it, what could it be? Lore confirmations on one side and more mystery on the other side make this a great segment to close the show on.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

What is the real threat?

Is Hargraves still around and is he part of Zeus' pantheon?

Did Zeus tell Herc everything?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Great classic show that makes me curious how much this has affected shows that have happened or will affect us in the future? Was fun writing a psychologist like I've been curious about trying to do. I loved how he was used as an elder statesman just trying to help and give good advice.

POP OF THE NIGHT: (What was the moment, in segment, that you enjoyed the most and why?)

Definetly The End of Arcadia. The deus ex machina as it was of the mysterious masked man undermining Cronos's plan before all hell breaks loose, the spark before the proper civil war and the chaos that ensues was a perfect teaser to the endgame of the origins of Arcadia as it was and very much a salivating tease for what is to come.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Is the hooded man Zeus, Ares or someone else on their side?

Who ends up surviving the civil war and who needed to be put down?

What exactly is Hargraves role in this and how badly does he die?

HAVE YOUR SAY: Absolutely loved Vinny being a big part of this story, being essentially the man to fuel the fire of chaos here with his plants fueling the riot was a great moment and I am just waiting for him to die horribly because of it. Mainly cause he's definetly someone who would be a liability to keeping the past secret and Zeus's deniablity of what the elders were...and he's just a horrible piece of shit who deserves death.

PreviousPage 2 of 2