Please to create posts and topics.

NXT Level #347 - Rise of the Spartan

PreviousPage 2 of 2

POP OF THE NIGHT: One giant leap, Yellow Python got some heartbreaking shine these last two weeks. We were left on a cliffhanger from the week before and this filled a lot of questions. Not only did Yellow Python survive, he did his best to try and save everyone. It couldn't happen but it shows how heroic he is.  Where does he go from here now that it looks like he's probably a lone snake now?  I'm excited to see his story after this, maybe add some venom to the fangs when he goes after who did this be it Black Panther or someone else.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

How is Yellow Python going to go from here?

Who's Foley's father?

Why are phones so rare in Arcadia?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

A little bit of a bummer to lose in the first round but I can't be mad at losing to the eventual winner, congrats Brian! Go hard during Round 2 with Tombstone.

As for my segment, definitely love the confidence Narcissa always show, sweet sarcasm dripping out of every word. As for who threw the smoke bomb, was it Colt Ramsey as the banner shows and if so, does he still hold a grudge with Narcissa or is he going after Cade?

POP OF THE NIGHT: One Giant Leap was a hell of an opener for sure, really thrilling to see what became of Yellow Python...even at the apparent cost of the rest of the Kingdom. I also popped hard for "Just As Evil" as a thrilling conclusion to the show. Jasper gets his big win for the Sparta Cup, only to be confronted by Harold Attano who's ready to expose everything Jasper has done, and then some. On a night full of really interesting story beats and twists, it's safe to say Rise was bookended by some amazing work here!

BURNING QUESTIONS:

• If everyone else in the Kingdom is dead dead, just how sweet is that revenge for Yellow Python gonna be when he finds whoever was the cause of it? (whether it's the Black Panther or otherwise)
  • What lengths will Harold Attano really go to for the sake of taking down Jasper? (and as a follow up...is it in poor taste to start calling Thorpe "CJ of the Nine Fingers"?)

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Really interesting night for both Pym and Ramsey, tbh.

Pym and the Uprising taking the fight to the Pool Boys in "Joint Effort" was a lot of fun, and I'm really intrigued to see what happens here going into the next couple weeks and beyond, just to see who all collides at Attitude ahead of the big match at Ring of Dreams.

Colt was not necessarily in "Who I Am," I do think it's worth noting that the segment was also very interesting to see play out following Nox's attack on the Church in "The Lion Tamer." If Nox's involvement facilitates Colt mixing it up with the likes of Narcissa and Cade I'm all for it, overall that was a really nice pair of segments to build these stories up!

POP OF THE NIGHT:

Giving this spot to the opener. One Giant Leap had it all, from high-stakes actions, to tension and suspense, to unexpected twists, to heroic sacrifices. Lives were hanging (quite literally) in the balance here and these guys showed incredible unity facing seemingly insurmountable odds. The White Bear sacrificing himself to save others, the Yellow Python taking a suicidal leap to cut the Red Falcon free... This segment had it all and under any normal circumstances would have been a worthy end of a Red Show finale. It was THAT good.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who was the mysterious man who visited Felix Foley's mother?

I love how the Raven effect is already in full flow, but who was he watching and who was observing him?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

I found the tension in Troy's segment this week very engaging, I must say. The Church of Zion seems to be fast-evolving into a realm of perpetual chaos, and Nox's influence failed to stem the tide here. The church was plunged into disarray by The Chemist with its devout followers exhibiting some pretty disturbing behaviour following the discovery of the gas canister.

Despite his typically charismatic demeanour, Lionel's response to the attack and the threatening note underpins the severity of his current predicament. One can't help but sense, though, that Lionel beneath it all is already calculating the potential gains from this scenario - specifically a shot at the NXT Championship.

PreviousPage 2 of 2