Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumThe Titans: Show FeedbackNXT Level #349
Please to create posts and topics.

NXT Level #349

PreviousPage 2 of 2

POP OF THE NIGHT:

Let's stick with the Elders. I'm really interested to see how this plays out. What does Cronus need Zeus to do to protect Arcadia? The obvious way this plays out is Zeus is the leader of the Pantheon (as he will become), and he kills his father because of it. But I think there's something more to it, coming.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

What the hell is going on with Blaze, and how will whatever Destructo Boy got from Nox change it?

How deep does the rabbit hole go with Malakai Midnight, and what lengths will he go to to get what he wants?

Who's our radio aficionado?

Will Khan stand by the Uprising?

Who is the man and woman speaking about vengeance, and where have they been hidden?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Thorpe - Joey better not be dead, man. Whoever Harold handed him off to has decided to go completely Endo from Lethal Weapon on CJ's ass. Great story thus far.

Gemini - Now this is meaty, man. Good Gemini flashback. Chiba as a lover. What does she mean by "being whole?" I mean, there's some obvious ideas, but I feel like there's a twist here.

Blue Shark - I love this. They asked. Foley said yes. Babyfaces unite. However, I don't think Doom is too happy about his bestie putting the straps on the line.

POP OF THE NIGHT: My Brother's Keeper
INCENDIARY ROUND!

BULLHAMMER ELBOW TO HAROLD ATTANO!

CADE HAS LOST IT!

I hate to be the homer since Jasper has quite the hand in this story, but this was a great moment in the night for me. Not only did we just get left on a cliff hanger of what's going to happen with CJ, but Jackson just loses his shit immediately after! I've been waiting to see how Jackson would react to Attano's recent actions, and I think we might be finding out!

BURNING QUESTIONS:

• Where IS Jasper Redgrave? **
  • Is CJ Thorpe dead or alive?
  • What is Malakai's plans with Raven?
  • What will Zeus choose to do?
  • Who does the welcome segment elude to?
  • How further might Jackson Cade react now?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

So what does light Tombstone's way? It seems whatever Redgrave saw on those tapes has led him in the direction of Lamplight as well. What's to come of this situation? I can't wait to find out.

On the other side of the coin, where IS Jasper Redgrave? The introduction of a mysterious man into this story has to at least peak his interest a bit.

Also, a nice shout to all the newer characters being folded in at the mooment. It's nice to see everyone take shape in the form of the story and I'm looking forward to more.

POP OF THE NIGHT:

Gonna give this to Light Your Way. I love how it all started as a simple segment to hype up Pandemonium before Jasper Redgrave made his appearance. The fact that he got to Albert before Tombstone could get his answers from him makes for a scary train of thought. What will the Artist do to Lamplight now that he's in the killer's custody? Turn him into another art project? Fuck with the Ferryman into believing he killed the Illuminator? I'm quite excited to see just what kind of mind games will be at play here when the month unfolds. Hopefully the young antiques dealer won't be dead by the time Tombstone gets to him!

BURNING QUESTIONS:

What exactly is Malakai's game plan here? I read his MWA, and it definitely helps shine a bit of a light on his motivations, but what does he hope to accomplish by bringing about the "Dark Lord"?

Who is the mystery individual in Welcome? What is with the radio that they placed down in front of the viewer? Is it connected to the stranger at all? So much was presented to us in just a short time that it makes me hope we'll get some answers at Pandemonium.

That said, who are the strange couple in "Do You Share My Madness"? The woman talking about helping someone become their crazier self while the man doesn't seem to want to looks like an interesting pairing, and I can't help but wonder who it could be. Are they someone on the roster currently or no? I'm excited to find out!

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Master Ken's next up on Blaze's list of suspects, eh? I find that interesting as well as confusing. the Sensei hasn't really done anything that would be worthy of being put on Blaze's shit list so far, but I haven't seen what's on the photograph to know why Maxwell thinks Ken's a potential suspect. I also have to wonder why Destructo Boy thinks allying himself with Nox will result in anything but further pain and suffering. The Chemist hasn't exactly been the most cordial person or one that's willing to help out others, but we'll see if whatever he concocts will help Blaze "see more clearly" or not.

POP OF THE NIGHT: (What was the moment, in segment, that you enjoyed the most and why?)

I loved WHOLE this week, I really enjoy the fact that it appears Gemini still is two minds about herself even though she's a whole at this point.  I also popped heavily to see Kiaju Chiba again in this flashback, I love the callbacks and seeing how things once were.  It plants seeds with Gemini for a whole lot more and poses some cool questions.

BURNING QUESTIONS: (What questions does the show have you asking after reading?)

Who are these mystery men, the Man in the shadows and the man I'm gonna call, the showman?  Both of these men have a very terminal man vibe to them and both seem to be building to a great reveal.

Will we see an internal war with Gemini?

What has Nox cooked up to clear the mind of Blaze?

What is Malikai's grand plan or is he just sowing chaos in the prelude to Lambs?

HAVE YOUR SAY: (How did you like your characters portrayal and what are your thoughts on your current storyline? What, if any, improvements could be made?)

Attano: Well shit's hit the fan, and this should've been expected that when Cade found out he was going to snap like a dry reed.  These frienemies have continued their saga and it's hit another logical conclusion and I am excited to see what's next.  Is CJ still alive, and who is Harold's mentor holding CJ are all the questions that I keep coming back to after this week.

Nox: I really like the idea of Nox providing Destructo Boy with something to effect Blaze.  I cannot wait to see how this plays out and exactly what affect his gas will have on Blaze.  This may get very messy before order is found because what happens if Nox provides something to sow chaos with one of the most powerful heroes in Arcadia?  This could get very interesting.

POP OF THE NIGHT:

This was a BEEFY show in terms of pop worthy segments and a ton of added mystery just kind of flooding in. From the arrival of Malakai to segments like Welcome and "Do You Share My Madness?" we have a ton to be excited about. However, I think of the above three, purely for what went down...

Night Owls grabs this spot for the night for me. Because what a god damn entrance. The addition of a banger of an image to the segment itself really helped elevate an already excellent piece of writing. I think this was just an awesome way to introduce Midnight, as well as give a big moment to Hayes in his debut. Really fantastic segment here that has a solid old school feel to it.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Is Thorpe fucking dead? Because if so that's absolutely huge. But, of course, until I see a burial I don't believe it.

Who was the guy with the radio?

Who were the two people speaking of vengeance?

What did Zeus do after Cronos asked for him to help protect the Pantheon?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Jackson Cade: Boy for the sake of Harold he better hope Thorpe isn't dead! I love Cade when he's absolutely at his wit's end and just hitting rock bottom so I'm absolutely living for this. I hope Thorpe isn't dead, because I truly think Cade will go completely ballistic if he is. Full on Punisher level shit and I'm just excited to see what follows.

Drewitt: I'm writing this, but I can confirm I'm enjoying myself.

POP OF THE NIGHT:

I loved the night owls segment this week, what a way to debut a new character, multiple characters in fact. I love this new character of Malakai Midnight already and for a segment to hype up the chaos that will be Pandemonium, this is great. It definitely makes me want to see more from Mark Hayes as well.

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who is this character in Welcome?

Will Troy somehow end up being the one to open the door?

Who is this man and woman in Do you share my madness?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Jash Khan eh? I can see some good interactions with these two. I'm curious where it goes from here as it's a join us or against us story. I wonder if Khan is really much of a follower in his mind definitely not in his world where he seems to want to have power aplenty. I like Narcissa’s dialogue and tone here, wonder what's next

POP OF THE NIGHT:

Well holy shit is this a tough one this week. From mysteries galore to intriguing character insights to brilliant debuts, there's a lot to choose from here but I've gotta go with Night Owls. Brilliant entrance to OSW for Malakai Midnight, tying some of the new competitors to a bigger story to hype up Lambs and make Mark Hayes look like a world beater babyface immediately. Probably the best debut segment in a while here and immediately makes me intrigued to see how this plays out in the next few weeks and at Pandemonium itself

BURNING QUESTIONS:

Who is this mystery guy with the radio and why does it feel like we've seen him before?

Will Team OSW be able to force Troy to open the doors and exactly what does Troy know what lies behind them that terrifies him so much?

Who are the pair in Share My Madness? I have my suspicions but I am incredibly curious to see more and if I'm right here

Is this an internal war brewing inside Gemini or is the Good Gemini just what Pestilence truly desires to be?

Is CJ Thorpe actually dead and even if not, will Jackson Cade finally snap and do to Attano what he refused to do to Jasper?

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Well I said there was something brewing coming up and I was definetly right. Blaze seemingly stuck on a wrong path from what James sees is definetly intriguing and the kid going as far as to drugging his dad to clear his mind is absolutely not going to go wrong and make things worse, not at all. I have this feeling that may well lead up to father vs. son again soon but whether that's due to whatever Nox brews up having adverse affects, James not being able to clear his dads mind the easy way or something else entirely I'm not sure but either way, this is intriguing as all hell and I'm absolutely down to see what comes next.

POP OF THE NIGHT:

The introduction of Malakai Midnight was very well done here, *very* quickly establish himself as a scary threat to come with the attack on Raven while also involving a good number of other new competitors in the process. Really interested in seeing how each guy plays into this story, and what happens next with Malakai!

BURNING QUESTIONS:

• What is it about those clippings got Blaze focused on Master Ken? (and for that matter, will Destructo Boy be able to get him focused where he needs to be before blind rage prevails?)
  • What will we find on the other side of the mysteries presented by "Welcome" and "Do You Share My Madness?" (especially with any relation to current goings on in Arcadia?)

HAVE YOUR SAY:

Oooh, this is an interesting segment. I love the level of intrigue behind whether or not Lionel knows what's behind the door, and whether or not he can open it. I  liked the question from Colt Ramsey here, the first little nudge of doubt that could be played up later if it comes down to it. Really curious to see what happens next here!

PreviousPage 2 of 2